Thursday, December 02, 2004

Guardian

Okay, not actually SF, this is a science title - Mutants by Armand Marie Leroi has become the first science book to win the prestigious Guardian First Book Award (the Guardian gave an award to Chris Ware's fab graphic nvoel Jimmy Corrigan a coupe of years back, so it is a very open prize unlike many other literary prizes). I thought it was a remakable and fascinating book - anyone interested can have a look at the review I posted on the Alien back in June - I heartily recommend it to anyone looking for an unsual book for Xmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there. I'm just posting to ask that you write a post of support for Joe. When looking up Edinburgh contact info on Google (to tell these horrible, communist fucks I'll never buy a book from them through Amazon again [Amazon being my means of purchasing UK editions of stuff]), I found that the only e-mail address that popped up was this one: enquiries@edinburgh-eastend.waterstones.co.uk linked through this blog. Please tell people you don't support Waterstones and wouldn't dream of hosting any more events there. I'm sure you agree, Joe deserves the support of every SF and free-speech supporter on the net. Not because he's Joe, which Mr Gaiman seems to feel is enough. Because it could be any one of us next time. And that scares the hell out of me. How about the rest of you?

2:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home